Sunday, August 19, 2007

Random Stuffs, Catching Up

Ok, it's offical...I suck at keeping up a blog. Hmm well let's see, this will be a little bit of a hodge podge of stuff, that I just need to catch everyone up on, or about things I just need get off my chest. So hang on, this could get lengthy. lol
Sometimes I Wonder...
Why bother? Last week I busted my arse to put out a few new designs to kick the store back into gear, with all the random SL issues, things weren't going all that well, so I figured I should get myself to work. I did. I worked extremely hard to put out some new fresh things, with my unique flare as always. I was overall very happy and proud of how nicely things are turning out for me now, after a few years this designing thing has gotten a little easier. Well, of course you are waiting for the downside of the story, so I'll get right to it. I'm not much of a complainer, I'm usually pretty upbeat and laughin non-stop. I've been discouraged since about 2 days after releasing one of my new outfits, when I saw an ad go out inside SL of a design not so much "similar" to mine, not as a direct copy, but my general concept stolen right out from underneath me in a matter of 48 hours. I've always taken pride on my unique items, and to see it just stabbity'd me right in the face. *sigh* Yeah, others will say, "you are making too much of a big deal of this", and maybe I am, but I was hoping at least week's worth of glory on a new product, before this happening. The market in SL is MUCH different than it was when I first started designing. I guess now it's kind of like buying a new car, as soon as you spend $15,000 for something, you will know it's not worth $5,000 when you drive it off the lot; or in other words, when you release something 'new' you may get a few sales before 'prince/princess big name' has done the same thing, and is now pulling business away. I guess this happens to everyone, maybe I should be flattered? I try very hard to be unique in my designs, it's just a hard pill to swallow, but hey, maybe this means I am now competition? *head swell* No, I will keep providing funky clothes to the people who appreciate my work, and hopefully can keep my head up and bounce back and keep going.

The 70's and their INSANE music!
So I have several RL weddings coming up that I will be Dj'n so I've been in the process of gathering all the music I have, getting it all ready for these events. My brother's wedding is one that I will be doing, and they are going to have a hippie/60's-70'sish feel to their reception...so here I am going through all my songs, and GEESHH what the heck was wrong with ppl of that time? LOL Here are some 'for instances':
Band Names That are Completely Wacked Out:
The Peanut Butter Conspiracy
The Electric Prunes
Cannibal & The Headhunters
Manfred Mann
10cc
Hot Chocolate
Lemon Pipers
The Yardbirds
The Byrds
Ozark Mountain Daredevils
WHAT THE HECKOLA! Really now. LOL Ok some of them I get, drug references, the 70's haha real funny great work, so original! But...The Electric PRUNES? What does that mean..."Yes, we are old but we are still electric!"? Insane. The Peanut Butter Conspiracy..."All our songs sound like we are singing with peanut butter in our mouths?" I totally don't get that one. 10cc-ha yeah ok drug reference, geeshh.
And if that isnt enough...you also have your...
Off The Wall Song Titles:
Alice's Rock n Roll Restaurant
(Ooga Chaka) Hooked on a Feelin
Kind of a Drag
Hot Smoke and Sasafrass
Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes
Stoned Soul Picnic
And I could go on and on, but I won't. lol Totally insane, but the funniest thing, once you start listening you can't stop! I have always thought "I'm not in love, by 10cc" was such a wicked sounding song, and I'm sitting here right now with it on repeat on winamp, like a total dork. It's prob depressing me to no end. I'm weird with music. I can hear a song, and know that I've heard it, or match a memory to it. Even if it was a memory of "driving to a family members house" I will remember it. Like this song now, I will remember 10 yrs from now, posting this blog while listening to this song. Weird eh? Music has always been a huge part of my life. When everything is wrong in the world, I can always turn on some tunes, and know that things are going to be ok. And yes I know I'm strange for thinking some songs are "wicked weird sounding", here are a few of the songs I think are that way:
"Another Day in Paradise" - Phil Collins
"Bette Davis Eyes" - Kim Carnes
I cant think of anymore off the top of my head, but yikes, those are bad enough! lol Ok, I'm off to shake my 'Green Tambourine'. :P

No comments: